Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My New Favorite Addons

I wanted to take a break from my leveling blogging to talk about my new favorite addons. Those being ArkInventory and Outfitter.

A few weeks back I wrote about addons for questing. The two new addons I have discovered also make your life easier, but in a more individual way.

First one that anyone may find helpful. Ark Inventory. How many times have you been sent on a quest for items only to spend just as much time hunting through your bags for the items. Have you ever accidentally thrown a valuable item out of your bag because you were out of space and needed to quickly make room.

Arkinventory, pictured above, will turn your blizzard bag into one giant bag. From there you can designate pockets and set automatic or custom rules for each one. For example, in my personal bag, as pictured above, I set a bag to automatically pick up and hold anything craft related, another automatically holds anything health related. But where this addon is particularly helpful is in custom rules, and especially so for classes that might carry more than one wardrobe change. You do have to personally address each and every item you want effected by a custom rule, but now that I have taken that time, any time I switch clothes, the unworn items automatically return to the bag I want them in.

Which brings me seamlessly into my second addon, Outfitter. This was recommended to me by my guild leader, and I love it. Especially helpful for Druids, or any other class that shifts instantly between casting and meelee, this addon allows you to preset articles of clothing to pair together into outfits. No longer do you need to fumble about your bags to switch out when you want to cast or change to a druid form. The changes are automatic. You can even give yourself special outfits for any other situation you choose. Preset a fishing outfit that automatically equips your fishing line, or automatically switch to amore light when running around capitol cities (I especially like this option.. I hate looking all jumbled while banking)

Two downfalls, each time you wish to upgrade an outfit, you now need to change it in outfitter. This takes only a second or two, but you need to remember to do it. Otherwise, when you sell your old pants and then switch into an outfit that used them, well, you'll be without your pants for that outfit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment