Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Shimmering Flats - Level 34


Location: Shimmering Flats, Thousand Needles
Level: 34
Latest Achievements: "Scarlet Monastery" + "Explore the Barrens"
Total Quests Completed: 240


In my previous post, I made reference to the lack of quests in Freewind Post. I decided to continue south to see about tackling the one quest, several levels higher than the level I was currently working on, I had for the shimmering flats.

When I walked through, I found this race track, and several quests surrounding it to boot. Apparently the locals place bets and the quests you do in the area all tie to the protection or improvement of the track. Several deal with helping the gnomes make their race cars run faster.

For the most part, these quests are completed in the area. They seem to be layed out ok, Though they could layer better. For example, when asked to kill Turtles for their shells, you also end up killing a few of the dragons because they are in the area. Once you turn in the quest, you get a quest to kill the dragons. (In Blizzards defense, it is *possible* I missed the dragon quest the first round, it's sort of out of the way.)

You'll also be doing a lot of running for the gnomes. Running to the two major gnome strong holds that we have already visited - Rachet and Booty Bay. At this point, you should have your flight paths in order, so the travel was nothing more than a bit of a run... several times back and forth. I also found the quests reach into higher levels the further you have to run. One part of the quest, for example, was to find blue prints. After some running and speaking to NPCs, they sent me to an area I was not ready for. The end of that quest will have to wait until I reach a few levels higher.

For now though, my questing in Shimmering Flats is over and I will need to travel in the opposite direction to continue the story flow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment