Sunday, August 23, 2009

Onward to Desolace


Location: Shadowpray Village, Desolace
Level: 35
Latest Achievements: "Scarlet Monastery" + "Explore the Barrens"
Total Quests Completed: 242


After completing all but the highest level of quests in shimmering flats, I had enough levels on my to run a quest a little further out. One of the residence of Freewind Post wanted me to take a letter to his family in Desolace. I had been putting this one off incase my quest line brought me into the zone below Shimmering Flats, but with my quests at a standstill, I decided to go and run the quests in that zone. Desolace is a zone you can reach by flying to Sunrock Retreat in Stonetallon Mountians, and then running down through the Charred Vale.

Desolace is a very very dull area. Very dry and gray. Much like the Barrens. If you're running through before you're high enough to tackle some of these animals, stay to the path, you should be okay. My delivery quest brought me to the first village on the path - the little village above the Kodo Graveyard. It was there that I picked up several different quests.

One of which gives two options ... Pick which side of the feud you want to play on. So far, in my travels, I have not come to a quest that asked me to actively drop my rating with a fraction in order to increase my reputation with the other, but that is exactly what this one has asked. You can do one quest or the other (or, if you had about four times as much time, I suppose you could complete both quests by flipping sides at the end). I haven't made my choice yet, but I picked up both in order to read about them and see which has the most perks and least cons. (for all I know the rewards are unique to each quest, or persons choosing to side with one fraction will not be permitted to participate in another quest later down the line)

After picking up the quests and running a short "bring me the non agro kodo" quest (easy as pie) I continued along the path to Shadowpray Villiage, where I picked up more quests and found an Inn to set my home point and rest for the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment